Victoria firefighters douse oil, grease fire at apartment

One person suffered a minor burn and damages are estimated at $100,000 from an oil and grease fire Wednesday night at the Swift House apartments.

The third-floor kitchen fire happened at about 6:50 p.m. when a hot pan burst into flames after boiling water was spilled into it. A fire sprinkler doused the blaze.

article continues below

Victoria firefighters used wet/dry vacuums to collect water from the first, second and third floors. Emergency Social Services volunteers were called to assist the displaced occupant.

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Times Colonist


Find out what's happening in your community.

Most Popular