Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

Two suffer smoke inhalation in Sidney houseboat fire

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a houseboat in Sidney caught fire on Tuesday. Fire Chief Brett Mikkelsen said a call about smoke coming from a houseboat in Bosun’s Marina on Harbour Road came in about 4:45 p.m.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a houseboat in Sidney caught fire on Tuesday.

Fire Chief Brett Mikkelsen said a call about smoke coming from a houseboat in Bosun’s Marina on Harbour Road came in about 4:45 p.m. Mikkelsen was first on scene and saw the resident of the houseboat and a worker from Vector Yacht Services trying to extinguish the blaze.

Mikkelsen told the two people to stop before they were overcome with smoke. The two men came onto the dock and were taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Firefighters put out the fire with an extinguisher. — Times Colonist