Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

RV catches fire in Metchosin

A recreational vehicle was fully engulfed Sunday night in a blaze that was extinguished by Metchosin volunteer firefighters. The blaze broke out at 8 p.m. Sunday on Sooke Road at Kangaroo Road in Metchosin.

A recreational vehicle was fully engulfed Sunday night in a blaze that was extinguished by Metchosin volunteer firefighters.

The blaze broke out at 8 p.m. Sunday on Sooke Road at Kangaroo Road in Metchosin. The driver of the recreational vehicle was not injured, said Fire Chief Stephanie Dunlop.

The two roads were shut down as about eight firefighters stamped out the flames.

The vehicle was later towed away.

ceharnett@timescolonist.com