Take a stroll down 150 years of Victoria history on Saturday as the Rockland Neighborhood Association hosts a party showcasing the rich cultural heritage of Rockland.
Special events take place at key Rockland landmarks: Langham Court Theatre, the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, Craigdarroch Castle and Government House.
Highlights of the day include:
- Traditional pole-raising
ceremony of Hosaqami, at Government House, 11 a.m.
- Jazz, croquet and a bouncy castle, at Craigdarroch Castle, noon to 3 p.m.
- Passport prize draw and birthday cupcakes at Craigdarroch Castle 3: 30 p.m.
- Vintage car display by
the Victoria Vintage Car Club on Manor Road, noon to 3: 30 p.m.
- A public tour of the Silk Splendour exhibit at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, 2 p.m.
- Architectural display, self-guided walking tours of Rockland by the Hallmark Heritage Society, noon to 3: 30 p.m.
- Fashion Throughout the Ages at 2: 30 p.m. and silent movies, Langham Court Theatre, noon to 3: 30 p.m.
- Light refreshments at Government House.
The event is pedestrianfriendly - people are encouraged to walk between the venues. For more information, go to rockland.bc.ca.