A pastor, a Playboy model and a real estate agent nicknamed "Bubba" are among the single women who will vie for the attention of CFL wide receiver Brad Smith on The Bachelor Canada, a new realityTV series shot in Victoria.
Citytv has so far announced five of the 25 contestants for the upcoming show.
Rounding out the diverse list is an office administrator and a university recruitment agent.
The bachelorettes announced so far hail from New Brunswick, Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario.
The nine-episode reality series is set to begin Oct. 3.
Hosted by Tyler Harcott, the show will take place in a mansion perched at the top of Bear Mountain.
Crews filmed at the home formerly owned by ex-NHLer and former Bear Mountain resort CEO Len Barrie for six of the shoot's nine weeks.
Smith has played for the Montreal Alouettes, Toronto Argonauts and the Edmonton Eskimos.
Smith's father, Sen. Larry Smith, is a former CFL commissioner and former president and CEO of the Alouettes.
The bachelorettes revealed Wednesday are:
- Chantelle, 25 (pastor), from Sylvan Lake, Alta.;
- Clarice, 25 (office administrator), from Toronto;
- Melissa Marie, 28 (Playboy model), from North Vancouver;
- Rebecca (Bubba), 27 (real estate agent), from Toronto; and
- Sophie, 26 (university recruitment agent), from Moncton