A busy intersection at the Delta-Surrey border is a little safer.
Left turn-only lights and other improvements were recently installed at the intersection of Scott Road and 64th Avenue.
The intersection didn’t crack the top 10 in the Delta police department’s reported crash sites for 2019, a report released earlier this year.
The intersection did make ICBC’s top 10 Delta crash sites the previous year.
According to DPD, here was the most common locations for crashes in 2019, in order of worst-to-least:
- Bottom of Nordel Way hill, and Nordel Way on and off ramps to Highway 91
- Scott Rd. between 70 and 72nd Ave
- Nordel Way between 112th and 116th
- Highway 17 and Highway 91 intersection at the Connector
- Scott Road between 80th and 84th
- Nordel Way and Scott Road
- 112th and 84th Ave
- Nicholson Road and 72nd Ave
- 56th St. and Highway 17
- Ladner Trunk and Highway 17A
The DPD also said that in 2019 its traffic unit and patrol officers spent 3,833 hours doing enforcement in high collision areas.
They looked for speeders, distracted and impaired drivers, among other infractions.