VANCOUVER — Warnings about service cancellations on some Metro Vancouver transit routes on Monday and Tuesday during an ongoing labour dispute have been withdrawn.
Transit operator TransLink says SeaBus service cancellations announced earlier for Monday and Tuesday will now not go ahead and the service will operate on its regular schedule.
TransLink says staffing issues connected to the earlier announcement about cancellations and schedule changes have been resolved.
Talks collapsed last week between Unifor, which represents bus drivers, mechanics and SeaBus operators, and Coast Mountain, which handles Lower Mainland transit on behalf of TransLink.
The union says Coast Mountain remains unwilling to discuss wages, a key issue in the dispute, while Coast Mountain counters its proposal is well above increases offered to other public-sector workers in British Columbia.
Union officials said last week bus drivers will refuse overtime on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of next week if the dispute is not settled.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 17, 2019.