From the housing crisis and talent wars to major economic shifts and the race to net-zero, #REW2021 is returning from Nov. 22 to Nov. 25 with a jam-packed conference aimed at tackling bold ideas and big challenges facing the region. The hybrid (in-person and virtual) conference is free to attend.
“At last year’s event, we explored what recovery looked like as we grappled with the pandemic. This year, we look to the future. What are our opportunities? Are we prepared for a post-COVID world?” says Emilie de Rosenroll, CEO of South Island Prosperity Partnership, producer of #REW2021. “This is about approaching our future with confidence, clarity and a mindset of innovation.”
This year’s conference also includes reputable keynote and roundtable discussions with industry experts, including:
Innovation in real places: Strategies for prosperity in an unforgiving world
Dan Breznitz is the author of Innovation in Real Places and The Third Globalization. He is the Munk Chair of Innovation Studies at the University of Toronto, where he also co-directs the Innovation Policy Lab. Breznitz is known worldwide as an expert on innovation.
Making Canadian cities affordable again
Jennifer Keesmaat is passionate about creating places where people flourish. Named one of the “most powerful people in Canada” by Macleans, she spent five years as Toronto’s Chief City Planner, where she was celebrated for her forward-thinking approach. Keesmaat is a Distinguished Visitor in Residence Emeritus at the University of Toronto.
Dream, dare, do: Why it’s Pacific Canada’s time to lead in the blue economy
Julie Angus is CEO of Open Ocean Robotics, a company that develops autonomous energy-harvesting boats to collect information from our oceans and instantly relay it. The goal is to protect our oceans, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and build an Internet of Things for the ocean. Angus is a founding board member of the Centre for Ocean Applied Sustainable Technologies (COAST) and a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year.
7 reasons you should consider attending #REW2021:
- Be part of the momentum, meeting the challenges of the 21st century in Greater Victoria.
- Experience a high-energy, multi-channel event featuring live in-person and virtual content.
- Collaborate and create our region’s economic future by design not by default.
- Attend exciting keynotes by global changemakers, including best-selling author Dan Breznitz, housing changemaker Jennifer Keesmaat and blue economy entrepreneur and explorer Julie Angus.
- Tune into fast-paced panels with leading thinkers in city-building, entrepreneurship, innovation, sustainability, inclusivity, leadership and more.
- Get interactive at expert-led roundtables on solving the housing crisis and rethinking innovation.
- Share your opinion with live polling.
Register today for the free future-defining event about Greater Victoria at OurRisingEconomy.com. In-person attendance is limited so early registration is recommended. #REW2021 adheres to all B.C. public health protocols. Proof of vaccination is required.