Oven sparks fire at Italian Bakery on Quadra Street in Victoria

A kitchen fire at the Italian Bakery on Quadra Street on Thursday morning was caused by an oven that was left on, fire investigators say.

Victoria firefighters rushed to the bakery at 3197 Quadra St. at 3:53 a.m. after a neighbour reported seeing smoke pouring out of a window.

article continues below

Firefighters found smoke and flames in the kitchen in the back of the bakery but were able to quickly extinguish the fire. No one was injured.

Insp. Chris Royle said the oven was left on overnight. Boxes on top of the oven and bags of flour beside it blocked the exhaust vents and caught fire.

Damage is estimated at $160,000.

View 3197 Quadra St in a larger map

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Times Colonist

Most Popular

  • CARRIERS WANTED!

    The Times Colonist is looking for newspaper carriers to work in the Reader Sales and Service Department.


Find out what's happening in your community.