Two suffer smoke inhalation in Sidney houseboat fire

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a houseboat in Sidney caught fire on Tuesday.

Fire Chief Brett Mikkelsen said a call about smoke coming from a houseboat in Bosun’s Marina on Harbour Road came in about 4:45 p.m. Mikkelsen was first on scene and saw the resident of the houseboat and a worker from Vector Yacht Services trying to extinguish the blaze.

article continues below

Mikkelsen told the two people to stop before they were overcome with smoke. The two men came onto the dock and were taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Firefighters put out the fire with an extinguisher. — Times Colonist

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Times Colonist

Find out what's happening in your community.

Most Popular