RV catches fire in Metchosin

A recreational vehicle was fully engulfed Sunday night in a blaze that was extinguished by Metchosin volunteer firefighters.

The blaze broke out at 8 p.m. Sunday on Sooke Road at Kangaroo Road in Metchosin. The driver of the recreational vehicle was not injured, said Fire Chief Stephanie Dunlop.

article continues below

The two roads were shut down as about eight firefighters stamped out the flames.

The vehicle was later towed away.

ceharnett@timescolonist.com

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Times Colonist

Find out what's happening in your community.

Most Popular