Family escapes Nanaimo house fire, thanks to smoke alarms

Smoke alarms helped a family of seven get safely away from a house fire Tuesday afternoon on Kamp Place in Nanaimo.

The family rents the upstairs portion of the house, but the fire started in the basement suite. The basement’s occupant was not home at the time.

article continues below

The fire has been deemed accidental.

While the family was able to return to its accommodations later, there was too much damage in the basement suite to move back right away.

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Times Colonist

Find out what's happening in your community.

Most Popular