About the race and road closures for Sunday’s 27th annual TC 10K:
Race start times
• 7:55 a.m. — Wheelchair athletes and visually impaired athletes
• 8 a.m. — Rest of the racers
Starts at Government and Belleville streets, heading north on Government, Wharf to Johnson streets, east on Johnson, south on Vancouver Street, east on Richardson Street, south on Moss Street, east on May Street, south on Memorial Crescent to Dallas Road. It finishes on Belleville in front of the legislature buildings.
Early road closures
• Belleville between Government and Menzies streets will be closed from noon today to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Government between Humboldt and Superior streets, and Belleville from Government to Douglas streets will be closed from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. This is the starting zone and recovery area.
• No on-street parking on the race route from 4 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Cars parked on the race route during this time will be towed at the owners’ expense.
Closures during race
• All streets on the course will be closed as of 7:45 a.m. Sunday.
• All intersections along the race route will be closed.
• Roads inside the race route will remain open.
• Motorists will be able to cross the route at intervals at the direction of the police until roads reopen.
• Pedestrians will be able to cross the race course, although there might be some delays.
• Roads will reopen as the last participants pass various points.
• See the table for estimated reopening times. Actual times will be determined by Victoria police as the race progresses.
Thrifty Foods Family Run
• Starts at 11 a.m. at Government and Belleville streets. Heads south on Government to Superior Street. Turns right on Superior to Oswego Street, then right on Oswego to Belleville, following Belleville to the TC 10K finish line.
• Roads will be opened behind the last participant.
• Superior will be partially closed from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Oswego will be closed from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m..
- - -
B.C. Transit bulletin on changes to bus routes because of TC 10K