Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

Two treated for smoke inhalation after Saanich fire

A fire sparked by hot oil on a stove sent two Saanich residents to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation Thursday. The residents, who live at 822 Denford Cres.
VKA-fire-235_3.jpg
Saanich Fire Department responded to a fire at a home on Denford Crescent on Thursday.

A fire sparked by hot oil on a stove sent two Saanich residents to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation Thursday.

The residents, who live at 822 Denford Cres., near Quadra Street and Beckwith Avenue, tried to put the fire out themselves, said battalion chief Dave Bury.

Saanich Fire Department got the call at 12:40 p.m. and arrived to see smoke coming from the building.

A damage estimate was not immediately available.