Travel advisories are in effect for pooling water on several Vancouver Island Highways.
Drive B.C. issued warnings Saturday morning that heavy rainfall had caused water buildup in several locations:
• Trans-Canada Highway north of Duncan, between Herd Road and Mount Sticker Road.
• Highway 4, between Wick Road and the Taylor River rest area.
• Highway 19, from Cook Creek Road south of Cumberland to Sayward Road north of Campbell River. There are also high winds in the area.
• Highway 19 between Hoomac Lake Rest Area and Rainbow Road, south of Woss to north of Campbell River.
• Highway 19A, between Catherwood Rd and the end of Highway 19A, Campbell River.
• Highway 28 between Gold River Highway and the end of Highway 28.
Motorists were to told to “drive to conditions.”