Skip to content
Join our Newsletter
Join our Newsletter

Bathroom fire leads to short school day for Central Middle students

School officials decided to dismiss students early because of flooding from the sprinklers
web1_11292022-vtc-news-centralschool
The fire triggered sprinklers that extinguished the blaze before the Victoria Fire Department arrived

A small fire in a single-stall washroom about 11:15 a.m. Monday at Central Middle School triggered an alarm and the activation of sprinklers, which extinguished the blaze before the Victoria Fire Department arrived.

The building was safely evacuated, and students and staff then gathered in the gym as fire officials assessed the situation. School officials decided to dismiss students early because of flooding from the sprinklers.

Classes are expected to be back to normal Tuesday.

jbell@timescolonist.com

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks