Homecare is an excellent option for many people who require some form of care in their life. Here’s a quick list of 5 compelling reasons why homecare makes sense:
1. Cost Effective. While fees can vary depending on the level of care you require — a companion will be more economical than a nurse for example — the rates are far lower than those associated with a government-subsidized residential care facility. Still not sure? Home service providers like Shylo Home Healthcare offer free assessments to help you decide.
2. Security. Most people feel more secure in their own homes, locking the door at the end of a long day and relaxing in your favourite chair, surrounded by familiar sounds and decorations. And with premium homecare providers, you are able to choose who works with you.
3. Professional. Whether the person coming into your home is someone who used to manage their own home and now works with others, or they are an experienced home care professional helping you recover from an illness or injury, they are fully certified, screened and professional.
4. Tailored to Your Needs.Do you need help getting groceries and completing various housekeeping tasks? Maybe an illness is causing stress in your life and you need some emotional or spiritual support. With Shylo’s homecare, you can tailor the service to meet your specific needs.
5. Local People, Local Business.What’s nicer than someone who fluently speaks your language? How about someone who loves the same restaurants as you and can keep you up to date on local news and initiatives. Businesses such as Shylo are locally owned and operated, and that means their caregivers are local, as well.
“We’re like a family at Shylo,” says Margot Ware, director and owner of Shylo. “We’re proud to offer home care services with the special touch that only a local community agency can offer.”