Choosing the right window covering comes down to knowing your own style, according to Tara Anderson, co-owner of Budget Blinds in Delta.
While there are many options, from shutters to shades to drapes, blinds are a popular choice because they allow you to easily control the amount of light you let in.
And wood blinds are an ideal, easy-to-use option, says Anderson.
“Wood blinds are very light, and they’re easy to put up and down, for the most part,” she explains, adding that it’s easy to clean them with a damp cloth.
Here are Anderson’s top 5 reasons wood blinds might be the right choice for your home:
1. Stylish. Wood has a distinctive look and feel, making it a stylish choice when it comes to window décor. Wood blinds stand out, and give a feeling of warmth and richness to a room.
2. Lightweight. Wood blinds can be easily adjusted with pull cords, making them extremely manageable for anyone. You can also ask for breakaway cord tassels, a good safety feature for those with children.
3. Plenty of variety. While traditional wood blinds showcasing the grain textures are an option, they aren’t the only one. Wood blinds can be customized with many colours, stains and finishes, and can be modified to match the rest of your home’s décor.
4. Eco-friendly.Wood blinds are made from 100 per cent North American hardwoods, which are from certified, domestic forests. They also help homes save energy by blocking UV rays and heat from the sun.
5. Versatile. Wood blinds can be custom fit for most windows, including large, typically hard-to-cover windows. They can also be customized with cloth tape and different valance options. And as far as window coverings go, they are one of the best ways to let in as much light as you like, whether it’s full sun, filtered light, or no light at all.
When choosing the right window coverings for your home, Anderson suggests you start by considering how much privacy you want, how much light you want, and how much you want to spend.
For instance, while hardwood blinds are the best quality, composite wood blinds cost less, and faux wood blinds are the least expensive option, for those who want the look but don’t have the budget for hardwood.