Are you ready for a major emergency?
You could be if you sign up for one of several free training sessions put on by the city of Coquitlam to learn to take care of your basic needs for at least 72 hours following a disaster.
The Coquitlam Emergency Program has six free Personal Family and Community Emergency Preparedness sessions scheduled from January through April 2020 that use an earthquake scenario to walk you through the steps to being better prepared at home, including what supplies to assemble in your emergency kit.
Session dates are:
• Tuesday, Jan. 14, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Glen Pine Pavilion (1200 Glen Pine Crt.);
• Saturday, Jan. 18, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Coquitlam Public Library, City Centre branch (1169 Pinetree Way);
• Monday, Feb. 10, 10 a.m. to noon, Dogwood Pavilion (1655 Winslow Ave.);
• Tuesday, Feb. 25, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Coquitlam Public Library, Poirier branch (575 Porier St.);
• Tuesday, April 14, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Glen Pine Pavilion;
• Monday, April 20: 10 a.m. to noon, Dogwood Pavilion.
Pre-registration is required. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/emergtraining for details and to sign up online.