The Bowen Island RCMP responded to 48 calls for service in November of 2019:
- four of those files were roadblocks.
- four roadside prohibitions stemmed from those roadblocks.
- three were reports of mischief to property.
- one was a Canada Shipping Act investigation.
- two were missing persons reports.
Police are encouraging the parents of teens on the island to keep track of who their children are spending time with. There have been several instances of youths coming from off island for an evening out and damaging property before heading home. Most recently, the Light Up Bowen celebration was disrupted by some youths damaging the decorations. RCMP are collaborating with the West Vancouver police and BC Ferries to help educate youth about what is acceptable behaviour on the ferry while travelling to school, and while on the island during the weekends.