1. Take the kids to the ArtStart’s latest event in New West, The Gumboot Kids live show featuring singer/songwriter Jessie Farrell, who will be singing songs from the Gumboot Kids alongside choreographed dance routines from Scout and Daisy. The show is suitable for kids eight and under. It’s on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at River Market, 810 Quayside Dr.
2. Get inspired at Inspiration Day at Century House, featuring Dr. Davidicus Wong, Laughter Zone 101 comics, inspirational activities and a presentation on mindful eating by registered dietitian and certified wellness coach Jess Pirnak. It’s on Saturday, Feb. 22 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 and available at the Century House office, 620 Eighth St.
3. Enjoy an evening of diverse and exciting saxophone music in Holy Trinity Cathedral, when the Victoria-based Sobremesa Saxophone Quartet performs on Friday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 or $10 for students (with student card) at the parish office or online at Eventbrite.ca (search for Sobremesa). Holy Trinity Cathedral is at 514 Carnarvon St.
4. Head to the Global Tea Room with Cassius Khan, featuring Bosnian music and tea with Zelko Krakan. This free event is on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 3 p.m. at the Plaskett Gallery at Massey Theatre, 735 Eighth Ave. Info at www.masseytheatre.com.
5. Check out Family Fun Day on Sunday, Feb. 23 from noon to 3 p.m. at Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia St. It includes family activities in the New Media Gallery and the New Westminster Museum.
6. Listen to some live music at the Heritage Grill, where the Mike Van Eyes Band performs on Friday, Feb. 21 and Mud Bay plays on Saturday, Feb. 22. Shows start at 8 p.m. The Drag Show is on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. The Heritage Grill is at 447 Columbia St. Details at www.theheritagegrill.com.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.