The Kamloops Player's Bench Predators opened the 44th edition of the Kamloops International Bantam Ice Hockey Tournament (KIBIHT) on Wednesday morning on the right foot.
Max Patterson and Bryce McDonald had the goals as the Predators edged the Vernon Renegades 2-1 at the McArthur Island Sport and Event Centre.
All the scoring was done in the first period, with the Predators taking a 2-0 lead before Bryce Pyle scored for Vernon. Stefan Nesci had two assists for Kamloops, which had Mathew Hicketts in goal.
The Predators played their second game last night, meeting the Spokane Jr. Chiefs at McArthur Island. A result wasn't available by press time.
The Predators play once today - they meet the Castlegar Rebels at McArthur Island at 6 p.m.
In other Tier Two games yesterday:
* The North Delta Sun Devils got three goals from Adrian Kumar as they beat POE No. 2, 5-2. Karm Riarh added two goals for the Sun Devils, who scored the game's last three goals. Stephon Perreault and Chase Stevenson replied for POE.
* Tyler Collens scored three times to lead the Salmon Arm Silvertips to a 6-2 victory over the New Westminster Royals. Nathan Plessis added two goals for Salmon Arm, with Dawson Head drawing three assists.
* The Okanagan Hockey Academy Black squad got two goals from each of Cline Borle and Landon Robertson as it erased a 5-3 deficit and beat the North Shore Winter Club, 6-5. Tristyn Olson scored the game-winner with 22 seconds left in the third period. Justin Lee had a goal and two assists for NSWC, while Sami Pharaon had three assists.
* The Hollyburn Huskies scored the game's last three goals and got the winner in overtime from Lucas Barker as they beat the North Vancouver Storm 3-2. Josh Latta scored the Huskies' other two goals.
* The Mission Stars got a goal and three assists from Michael Sande and beat the Penticton Vees, 6-3.
* David Padgham scored three goals to lead the Chilliwack Bruins to a 7-2 victory over the Castlegar Rebels. Trent Huitema had three assists for the winners.
* Beau Drover, Jordan Todd and Ben Dietrich-Scammell each scored twice to spark the Westside Warriors to a 9-3 victory over the Cranbrook Hornets. Tyler Love had three assists for the winners. Garreth Osmar scored twice for Cranbrook.
* The Williams Lake Timberwolves got two goals and three assists from Colton Thomas as they beat POE No. 2, 10-2. Spencer Neufeld added two goals and two assists for the winners.
* The Calgary Stampeders erased a 3-1 deficit with three second-period goals and beat Salmon Arm, 4-3. Connor Pasishnek scored the winner at 14:39 of the second period. Plessis had two more goals for the Silvertips.
* The Calgary Bruins got two goals from Spencer Gillis as they beat OHA Black, 5-2. Riley Lyster added a goal and two assists for the winners.
In the Randy Lindros Division (Tier One), Beck Malenstyn scored two goals and set up another to help the Okanagan Hockey Academy No. 1 to a 4-1 victory over the Coquitlam Chiefs.
In another game, the Richmond Blues got a third-period goal from Michael Tilbury and beat the Abbotsford Hawks, 3-2.
And the Vancouver Thunderbirds got two goals from Jordan Deyrmenjian and beat POENo. 1, 5-2.
The Kamloops Jardine's Blazers were to play the Wenatchee Jr. Wild in last night's late game. A result wasn't available by press time.
The Blazers are back on the McArthur Island ice today, 8:30 a.m., against OHA No. 1.