Fashion retailer H&M will be expanding and renovating its store at Uptown Shopping Centre.
The works starts Sunday on a project that will expand H&M’s space to 26,000 square feet. While it continues, the entire H&M store will move across Uptown Boulevard to a temporary location for its men’s and women’s clothing.
The updated store is scheduled to reopen in late August.
Meanwhile, Starbucks is expanding into the adjacent Cupcakes space. The coffee company will operate a kiosk during renovation. Work starts May 15 and Starbucks will reopen July 15.
Cupcakes is relocating across Uptown’s Town Plaza with an expanded menu.
In other moves, Engineering firm WSP has opened an office with 75 employees on the third floor above Forever 21.
Uptown also announced several new businesses opening soon.
• Chopped Leaf, a Canadian restaurant chain, will be located next to Noodle Box.
• Famous Footwear is opening on Uptown Boulevard on May 1.
• Suzy Shier is setting up next to H&M.
• Maritime Travel will open next to Whole Foods.
• Victoria Orthodontics is moving in adjacent to Browns Socialhouse, facing Douglas Street.
• Meraki clothing store is moving to a temporary spot next door to make way for a renovation.
• The North Face is opening at Uptown Boulevard in August.