Esquimalt firefighters rescued two people from a Lampson Street apartment Friday night, after a stove-top fire ignited in the kitchen.
Crews responded to reports of a fire in the 700 block of Lampson Street, near Old Esquimalt Road, about 11:30 p.m.
Most residents fled the building when alarms sounded.
Crews forced their way through the locked door of the affected suite, where they found one teen and one adult unconscious. One occupant fell asleep while food on the stove smoldered, according to initial reports.
B.C. Ambulance Service treated both occupants for smoke inhalation and released them at the scene.
Crews extinguished the fire quickly and there was minimal damage.
The fire is not considered suspicious.
Esquimalt Fire requested aid from the Department of National Defence fire crews, due to the size of the building.
© Copyright 2013