A cooking fire caused significant damage to a Langford home on Saturday.
About 20 Langford firefighters responded to a fire in the 1000 block of Shaw Avenue soon after 5 p.m.
The residents called 911 after they were unable to extinguish the fire themselves, Lt. Glenn Cooper said. Firefighters contained the blaze to the kitchen and had it under control within about 20 minutes.
There was major smoke damage to the entire house, Cooper said. An estimate of the damage was not available.
© Copyright 2013