Two people were taken to hospital early Saturday morning after a house fire that was caused by an unattended candle falling onto a bed.
Damage to the single-family home in the 500 block of Rambler Road, near Lochside Drive in Cordova Bay, was estimated to be about $20,000, according to the Saanich fire department.
Firefighters responded to the call around 5 a.m.
It took about an hour to put the fire out.
Two people in the home suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital.
© Copyright 2013