SATURDAY, MARCH 16
Black Grace, New Zealand’s leading contemporary dance company presented by Dance Victoria, 7:30 p.m. at the Royal Theatre. Tickets at rmts.bc.ca or tel. 250-386-6121.
Passio by Arvo Pärt, performed by Vox Humana, with soloists Isaiah Bel, tenor; Mark Donnelly, countertenor; Elizabeth MacIsaac, soprano; and Nathan McDonald, bass, as well as a chamber orchestra, 7:30 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Cathedral, 704 View St. Tickets at voxhumanachoir.ca.
Chris Antonik, 7 p.m. at Upstairs Cabaret, 15 Bastion Square, 7 p.m.; upstairscabaret.ca
Grim by Broken Rhythms, 8 p.m. at the Metro Theatre, 1411 Quadra St. Tickets at ticketrocket.org
Flamenco Tablao with guest cantaor Vicente Griego from Albuquerque and dancer Monique Salez from Victoria, alongside Alma de Espana, 8 p.m. at Church of Truth, 111 Superior St. Tel. 250-384-8832.
Spark Festival presents Oh My Irma, Mini Plays, A Brimful of Asha and The Party Party at the Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Ave. Schedule and tickets at belfry.bc.ca or tel. 250-385-6815.
In the Spotlight: UVic Jazz Orchestra with Patrick Boyle, 8 p.m. at the University of Victoria, Phillip T. Young Recital Hall. Tickets at finearts.uvic.ca or tel. 250-721-8480.
Rally for Ancient Forests, a family event with small animals parade (kids dress as animals), ring-around-the legislature and masala marching band, starting at 11:30 a.m., meet at Centennial Square, walk to legislature by noon; ancientforestalliance.org
Peripheral Vision, 8 p.m.,Solstice Café, 529 Pandora Ave. Tel. 250-475-0477.
Kasper and Howe Celebrate 10 years at Moka House, 1633 Hillside Ave., 7:30 p.m. Tel. 250-370-2077.
SUNDAY, MARCH 17
St. Patrick’s Day:
• Classics to Celtic, featuring Dr. Mark Lupin, concert violinist, 2 p.m. at Alix Goolden Hall. Tickets at vcm.bc.ca or tel. 250-386-5311.
• Felix Cartal, St. Patrick's Day, 10 p.m. at Upstairs Cabaret, 15 Bastion Square. Tickets at ticketzone.com
• St. Patrick’s Day with Black Angus, Jeremy Walsh and Bobby Smith at Irish Times Pub, 1200 Government St. Tel. 250-383-7775; irishtimespub.ca
• St. Patrick’s Day with Slow Pokes, Electric Timer Co. and Tom and Matt, 8 p.m. at the Bard & Banker Pub, 1022 Government St. Tel. 250-953-9993; vicpubco.ca
• St. Patrick’s Day Party with Rock Of Ages at Bartholomews Pub, 777 Douglas St. Tel. 250-388-5111.
Persian New Year Celebration showcasing the art, history, and cultural heritage of Iran, with live entertainment, noon-3 p.m. at Centennial Square. Tel. 250-896-5552.
The Little Match Girl Passion, presented by Vox Humana with dancers from ZarYevka Ballet, 3 p.m. at St. Barnabas Church, 1525 Begbie St.; voxhumanachoir.ca
Casting for Murder, presented by St. Luke’s Players at St. Luke’s Hall, 3821 Cedar Hill Cross Rd., to March 23. Tel. 250-884-5484; stlukesplayers.org.
© Copyright 2013