If there’s a festival film, or many, that you want to see this year, the best advice we can give you is: Don’t delay.
With the festival’s growing popularity and online ticketing options, it’s more important than ever to plan ahead.
Advance tickets can be booked online at boxoffice.victoriafilmfestival.com, in person Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at festival office, 1215 Blanshard St., or by phone (250-389-0444) with Visa or Mastercard during those hours.
Same-day tickets, payable by cash only, go on sale at the door 30 minutes before showtime, subject to availability.
In accordance with provincial law, a Victoria Film Festival Society membership is required for a onetime fee of $2.
Prices, subject to HST, are as follows for festival films and special events:
• Film festival membership: $2
• Feature film or short film program: $10
• Five feature film tickets: $48
• Ten feature film tickets $95
• Empire Theatres Lounge at Yates St. Taphouse: Free
• End of festival bash: $15
• Opening Gala film and reception: $60
• Sips ‘n’ Cinema (Cocktails or Whisky): $20
• SpringBoard Industry Event: $35
• Feast and Film: $50
• I’ve Been Everywhere: Stories From the Road: Free
• Rande Cook at Alcheringa: Free
• Film pass (admits holder to all regular film screenings excluding Opening Gala and special event films): $135
• Gold Pass (admits holder to all regular screenings, Opening Gala, end of festival bash, and SpringBoard): $250
• Platinum Pass (admits holder to all regular screenings, exclusive patron’s reception, Opening Gala, end of festival bash, SpringBoard and Sips ‘n’ Cinema. Pass provides reserve seating up to 20 minutes before screening.): $500
• SpringBoard Pass (admits holder to all SpringBoard activities): $125
• Student (UVic, Camosun and Festival-recognized film schools only): $50
• Single-workshop: $25
A generous allotment of seats is reserved for pass holders at each screening. While a pass does not guarantee seating, pass holders are given priority entry up to 30 minutes before showtime or until the pass holder allotment has been reached. Festival organizers urge pass holders to play it safe by arriving 30 minutes before show time, especially for popular shows.
More info: VictoriaFilmFestival.com
© Copyright 2013